Date & Theme
July 14-20, 2019 (Week #6) – Theme TBD
Married in 1988, PJ and his wife Sheri have been serving together for over 30 years in the areas of shepherding, teaching, counseling, and discipleship for both youth and adult ministries. Living in Fresno, he is currently the Lead Pastor of the Well Kingsburg.
PJ enjoys superhero movies, playing games, hiking, exploring new places, and especially loves spending time with his wife.
Times & Transportation
We are traveling both to and from Hume Lake in a 56 passenger charter bus with restrooms on board. We will stop once on the way and on the way back for food.
Departure – Please make sure that students arrive at West Hills Community Church office parking lot (at the bottom of the hill) by 8:00AM Sunday.
Arrival – We will arrive back in Morgan Hill sometime between 2-4pm Saturday afternoon. Please make arrangements for your student to be picked up at that time. We will call ahead when we get close or if we are running much later than that.
What to Bring
$20 for food on the way up to camp and on the way back. $50 recommended spending money. Bible, notebook, pencil, flashlight, sleeping bag, pillow, toiletries, warm and cool clothes, jacket, modest one-piece swimsuit (no tankinis),
(Remember: Girls, no bare midriffs or spaghetti straps; guys, no sagging.)
What Not to Bring
Drugs (unless prescribed by a doctor), alcohol, knives, tobacco, fireworks, firearms, electronic devices.
Camp Activities Pricing
Boat/Canoe/Kayak Deposit – $5
Boat Rental – $10 per hour
Canoe / Kayak Rental – $5 per hour
Bike Deposit – $5
Bike Rental – $5 per hour
High Adventure Meadow – $15
High Adventure Ponderosa – $15
Screamer – $5.00 per ride
Zip Line – Closed for Summer
Paintball – $20
Paint Refill – $5
Disk Golf Deposit for Disk – $5
Disk Golf Play – FREE
Pool Tables – FREE
Ping Pong – FREE
Swimming Pool – FREE
You may send mail to the following address:
Camper Name/West Hills Community Church
Ponderosa Camp (date of camp)
64144 Hume Lake Rd.
Hume, CA 93628
Please send five days prior to desired delivery date.
During Thursday morning recreation we will kick it back to the old school days of relay races with insane amounts of fun and high energy. It’s the day in the week to dress up and go crazy with your Rec Team.
Theme and Rec Team colors TBA
Why is camp so expensive?!?!
You may be asking a question we hear quite a bit. We are aware that camp is costly. Hume Lake provides an awesome program, quality speakers, band and it is a week where you get to hang out with your fun camp leaders! That’s right, we do budget our camp leaders into the cost since many of them take a week off work to come. We also budget the cost of the bus into camp since it is about 3.5-4 hours away we take a bus with all our stuff. Each year the price of camp goes up, this last year in particular the cost from Hume went up $20, so we adjust our price accordingly so we financially break even.
With that said, we don’t want the price of camp to be a barrier to you if you cannot budget it in this year. We can submit a camp scholarship to Hume Lake, and we have access to camp scholarships through our West Hills funds. We are also planning a pancake breakfast fundraiser for the spring for students who are in the Morgan Hill area and can work the event.
- Click the appropriate link below to register and submit deposit (check/credit card). You have the option to pay a deposit and then later, the balance, or pay the full amount up front. You will receive a confirmation email when each payment is received. A deposit holds your spot. There are a limited number of spots, so get your non-refundable deposit in promptly.
PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE HUME LAKE WEB SITE TO REGISTER
- Once registered, you will receive an email (within 2-3 days) from Hume Lake with a link and pin code, so you can complete a health screening and liability form on the Hume website.
- Submit full payment by June 30, 2019.
- Register here by paying the deposit of $80.
- Once registered you can pay the remainder of the $660 balance here
- Fill out your ALIVE Medical Release for 2019 to be turned into the West Hills Office before we leave for Hume.
- Everyone needs to pay the deposit for camp, however, if you are in need of a scholarship, complete the Scholarship Application and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about registration, contact Robin Church or David Frederick at 779-0697.
Spots for Hume Lake with West Hills go first to our West Hills students and friends and family they invite. Students who have other home churches who are not connected with our regular youth ministry will be added to a wait list and given open spots on June 1st. Any deposit money will be refunded if a spot is not available on that date.